Last updated: January 2016
We do collect information about you and we may share that information with third parties in certain circumstances, so please read on for more details about how we use personal information we collect about you when you use our Online Services.
1. What Kind Of Information We Collect
Whether accessing our Online Services from your home computer or while on the run from your smart phone or tablet, Port of Sydney Development Corporation (“The PORT”) may collect some information that relates to you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your:
• geolocation data (if using the mobile application, are physically located within 30KM of the map region, and you consent to providing it);
In addition, we may collect other types of data elements (“Other Information”) that do not reveal your identity or that do not relate directly to you or any other individual, such as:
• randomly assigned device code. Your unique device ID is never transmitted. Each time you install the app, a random code is assigned to your device to temporarily identify you for data collection;
• browser and device information, including operating system;
• demographic information (such as country and language) and other information provided by you that we may combine with other users of the SYDNEY WATERFRONT Services or use on its own;
• mobile application usage data such as events, news items, and locations viewed.
2. How We Use The Personal Information We Collect
• further our business purposes, such as to perform data analysis, audits, to enhance, improve or modify our Online Services, to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to operate and expand our business activities
3. How We May Disclose Personal Information We Collect
Your privacy is very important to us. We generally won’t disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of The PORT or our trusted partners.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, auditing and other similar services.
Corporate Transactions or Events
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
Other Legal Reasons
In addition, we may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of The PORT, our Trusted Partners, you and others; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
4. How We May Use And Disclose Other Information We Collect
Similarly, we generally use Other Information for any purpose not prohibited by law. In particular, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all Other Information, provided that such information does not personally identify you. The Other Information that we collect generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes.
5. How We Protect Your Personal Information
The PORT has implemented reasonable safeguards designed to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through our Online Services.
With respect to Personal Information and Other Information data transmitted to and from the SYDNEY WATERFRONT mobile application, we use Secure Socket Layer Technology or SSL to encrypt or scramble that information during transmission.
Cookies are not used on our Online Services.
7. Social Networking And Third Party Sites
9. Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at email@example.com. You also can telephone us at 1-902-562-0620, or you can write to us at:
Port of Sydney Development Corporation
Sydney, NS B1P 1A1
©2016. Port of Sydney Development Corporation. All rights reserved.